As I said in previous post “Why Blog?“, there are many blogging platforms available in net. But, I am choosing “Blogger” to blog. Before creating your blog, let us have a look about Blogger. Blogger was launched in year 1999 by Pyra Labs which is then bought by Google in 2003. Blogger was ranked 16 on the list of top 50 domains in terms of number of unique visitors in 2007.
Pros of Blogger:
- It is free– our blogs are hosted freely by Blogger in their own server. They did not charge us even a cent for blogging.
- Easier setup– it is user-friendly platform where new beginners who know nothing or little about blogging can create a blog in few minutes.
- Easy to run– “Blogger” is trying to make blogging as easier as possible enough. You can run your blog with some basics.
- New Updated Post Editor– the updated version of editor has a new toolbar and working fantastic than the previous editor.
- Scheduled post publishing– You can set when your post should be published.
- Autosave feature– Your post willl regularly autosaved when you are using the Blogger post editor. This feature really ideal during computer crashes.
Cons of Blogger :
- Limited designs – the bloggers has a limited options of designs. But, there are many free beautiful blogger templates available in web other than the simple templates that Blogger TM provides.
- Yourname.blogspot.com– this is an example of subdomain which usually given by Blogger when we register. But, you can host your blog on your own domain if you have have one.
- Less configurable– blogger doesn’t give options for categories. There is not a simple way to make separate categories.
- No plugins– plugins are modules which give additional functionality to a website. Blogger does not have this feature.
will be updated..